Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Falling Down

It's Tuesday and my life appears to be back to normal professionally speaking. I spent two long weeks on course for my job teased by a tray of delicious desserts that rested on a table only 3 feet from my seat. Did I cave? Sure I did but not badly. But the whole week was out of whack and the weekend wasn't much better.

Then yesterday the hot water tank gave up the ghost so i volunteered to stay at home for the day and await the arrival of the serviceman. This, of course, is not a good plan for someone who munches out of boredom, so staying at home for the day alone isn't going to produce a good result. By mid-morning, I had enjoyed a big bowl of cereal with banana, some mini-crisps, an apple, a Wunderbar I bought on Sunday, some grapes, pineapple and strawberries. Add a couple slices of toast with peanut butter and you can see where this was going. The serviceman showed up shortly after 11 and was gone before noon leaving me the choice of heading off to work for the afternoon or continuing to enjoy an extra day off. I chose the latter. But not before deciding I needed to get out of the house for my own sake.

Later, when I got home, I enjoyed a dinner of leftover chicken breast with mushroom soup, roasted veggies and a pork chop brought home from the birthday party Saturday. The evening brought more mini crisps, grapes, pineapple and a couple of Fibre1 bars. I don't know if I missed anything here.

So, as you can see, I'm a bit out of control. I did, however, make it to the gym first thing yesterday and today so that's a good thing. I figure that since I'm back to normal here at work that things will be fine from here on out. I look fatter though, my belly is a little rounder the last week and somewhat solid. I'm a bit worried about that, and I'm not getting on the scale just yet. Quite frankly, I'm afraid of what I might see.

No comments: