Friday, August 22, 2008

Vacation Time or Can I Not Screw Myself This Time

Stepped on the scale this morning for the official weekly weigh in and I'm now 197.5lbs. That's 2 down from last week so I'm happy about that. Makes all the sacrificing and time at the gym feel worth it. I'm on holidays next week so the big challenge will be to not repeat my past holiday performances and gain 5lbs thereby forcing me to spend the next month fixing that mistake too. I plan on going to the gym and watching what I eat as per usual but then again, that's usually the plan too. So we'll see.

I'm pretty happy with the progress the last few weeks overall. About a month ago, I weighed in at 203lbs so I'm down a good 6lbs since. I can't argue with that although it seems like its been slower than that. Guess that's what happens when you are constantly monitoring yourself. I'm just glad to be clear of the 200lbs threshold. 200 has been a major source of contention for me for years; it seemed like cracking that number was virtually impossible during my college years. It took graduating and getting into a physical job full time to peel off those extra few pounds. But since moving into a deskjob, its been harder to stay below 200. Sitting burns virtually no calories.

What's going to make the coming days even more challenging is the fact that my personal life is in chaos right now. I've been dealing with a couple of stressful situations for a while now and thankfully I've been able to not lose my drive although at times I've felt like it. But a new situation has arisen in the past couple of days and to be honest, I'm pretty upset. Right now, I don't feel like eating, which is good, but who knows how I'm going to feel later today or even this weekend. I've always been an emotional eater but perhaps my focus is too strong to allow this current problem to derail me, or at least that's the hope. The gym has never been an adequate stress reliever for me unlike some people but its a place to escape for a couple of hours. I'll need it.

2 comments:

MulchMaid said...

Hang in there, Joe.
It's the stressful and down times that are the most challenging.
Don't get into rewarding yourself with food, or saying "what the hell, nothing's going right anyway so I might as well eat", either!

Thinking positive thoughts for your battle(s!).

aka Joe said...

Thanks Elvis. I'll get through it.